"I don't know why and I'm not yet motivated to fix it since my views on esd are mostly unprintable."
- Alan Cox
- New commandline switches: -q/--quit, -S/--toggle-shuffle,
-R/--toggle-repeat, -A/--toggle-advance and -Q/--queue
- Make dialogs close if you press ESC.
- New option to display time as mmm:ss instead of switching to hh:mm
(occurs at 100 minutes). Displaying remaning time will be 'broken' for
songs longer than 99:59 as the '-' won't have room to be displayed.
- Use extended information from .pls playlists.
- Longer than 256 character long strings.
- Conditional options which allows the user to display a much more
dynamic title for songs lacking information.
- New option to make it possible to run a command at the end of the
- Keybindings to control the preamp/bands.
- Support for unicode (utf8 and utf16) in id3v2 tags.
- Support reading COMM frames.
- xmms_remote_playqueue_add(), xmms_remote_playqueue_remove() and
- Support for Ensoniq 1371/1373 and Creative Labs 5880 audio controllers.
- Support mmap for cards with more than 8 channels.
- Software volume.
- Many improvements.
- Icecast UDP title streaming is now disabled as default.
- Dropped from the distribution.
- New translations: Belarusiani (be), Welch (cy), Macedoniani (mk),
Slovenian (sl), Bosnian (bs), Estonian (et), Finnish (fi),
Georgian (ka), Albanian (sq) and Uzbek (uz)
- Ability to queue the next song in the playlist. (use 'q' on the
keyboard over the song title)
- IPv6 support added (disabled by default)
- Digital Audio Extraction, enables the use of visualization
for CD Audio.
- Support for more than one drive.
- Dropped support for CDIndex (service no longer active)
- Support for multiple effect plugins.
- Plugin was dropped from distribution.
- Replaced folder icons. New ones by Jakub Steiner.
- Don't display playlist numbers elsewhere when turned off.
- Support 32-bit and 16-bit "bitfield" bmps in skins.
- Supply a dummy user and hostname to the cddb server.
- Picked up support for Darwin (from FINK cvs) and NetBSD (from
- Handle UTF-16 encoded tags.
- Major stability fixes
- Optionally use a user supplied icon instead of the default one
when XMMS is not running.
- New translations: Basque (eu), Tajik (tg), Vietnamese (vi),
Nynorsk (nn), Thai (th).
- --play-pause command to toggle playback.
- Updated README/man pages.
- Added xmms_remote_play_pause(), xmms_remote_playlist_ins_url_string()
- Realtime priority works again, it was broken in 1.2.5.
- bzip2 skins should now work regardless of Tar version.
- Key bindings are now saved when you exit XMMS.
- NetWM support updated to the latest specs.
- Handles @ in URL's properly if username:password@host is not used.
- Added 'Sort by date'
- Page Up/Down keys scrolls one page, instead of the 3 line inheritance
- Extended M3U lists now supported.
- Added reading of playlist info for selection.
- Added Import/WinAMP Presets to the preset menu to import an entire
set of WinAMP presets (WINAMP.q1) into the preset list.
- Fixed an endianess problem on smallendian boxes
- 1.0rc1 or higher required.
- Handle more broken mp3s.
- No more "-" for mp3s with ID3v2 tags that contain no usable
- VBR files without XING header are now handled more gracefully.
- Mikmod plugin now recognizes mod.* files.
- Setting the environmental variable XMMS_CDDB_CLIENT_NAME, will make
XMMS use that instead when identifying to CDDB servers.
- Better handling of CDDB requests.
- Don't poll current time when paused, can cause weird things on
- Do endian/sign conversion if necessary.
- Will use ESD stream volume instead of the OSS mixer as default.
- Assorted bugfixes/memleaks plugged.
- New translations (gl, pt, id, sr)
- Translations work in libxmms.
- Handles broken translations better.
- Joystick plugin suppports more than 4 buttons.
- Vorbis plugin handles streams.
- Vorbis plugin generate data in native endianness.
- File info dialog for Vorbis plugin.
- Alot of bugfixes to the Vorbis plugin.
- Tonegen input plugin supports more frequencys at the same time.
- Solaris output plugin added.
- Additional fixes to the Solaris plugin after it moved to the
- IR plugin can now configure IR code length.
- OSS Output can now configure the mixer device manually.
- Handle no effect plugins without crash.
- Esd plugin makes use of ESPEAKER variable.
- ID3v1.1 support, ID3v1.0 still saves the entire comment.
- CDAudio ported to OpenBSD.
- Fixed glitches in FreeBSD audio playback.
- Compilation fixes for Tru64 Unix, FreeBSD, OpenBSD.
- Physically delete file from playlist.
- Right-click menu in the playlist.
- Playlist counter wraps at ~136 years instead of ~600 hours.
- Pressing middle mouse button in the playlist will try to add
the content of the clipboard. Double click will clear the
- MiniIcon now shows up in KDE2 taskbar.
- Gnomexmms shows the title in the tooltip.
- DGA support has been dropped.
- Fullscreen code should be more sane now.
- Man pages. (xmms, gnomexmms, wmxmms)
- Set realtime mode and drop root privilieges before
initalizing GTK. (XMMS would not work with GTK 1.2.10)
- Better shuffleplay support.
- Possible to show WM decorations.
- Fixed segfaults in the controlsocket.
- Generic titles instead of Input plugin specific (mpg123,
- %F - File path, for titlestrings.
- Smaller fixes, memory leaks and stability issues.
- Vorbis plugin included. This plugin depends on the vorbis
libraries which are not included.
- Support for using a regular font in the main window.
- Fixed some serious bugs in the UDP metadata streaming.
- Fixed a bug that could make xmms crash on mpeg files with
certain id3v2 tags.
- 3DNow! Support in the MPG123 engine.
- Use Solaris plugin as default on Solaris.
- New translations (az, it, tr)
- New configuration option to enable fontsets in the playlist.
- Support for the "netwm" window manager hints.
- README much updated.
- Support for icecast UDP title streaming.
- Added "Play Directory".
- Skin drawing changed. Skins with incomplete pixmaps look like they should now.
- Loading of equalizer presets from disk.
- New translations (gr, lv).
- Try to load plugins from ~/.xmms/Plugins
- Updates to the song change plugin.
- Added xmms_remote_quit.
- New languae (eo).
- Workarounds for some compilation problems.
- MiniIcon for gnome panel/KDE panel.
- I18N support. (different languages)
- Echo/Extra Stereo now save their settings. :)
- Merged Surround Echo with Echo plugin.
- Tone Generator plugin
- URL history for the playlist
- Control socket now supports deleting playlist entries.
- No more resetting of the cdrom while changing cd tracks.
- Support for WSZ skins (winamp skin zip).
- New about logo :)
- nVidia compatible OpenGl Spectrum analyzer.
- Support for local CDDB databases.
- Added support for per-user plugin dir(s) (~/.xmms/Plugins/*)
- New option to disable ID3v2 tags.
- Added xmms_remote_playlist_delete, xmms_remote_get_eq, xmms_remote_get_eq_preamp,
xmms_remote_get_eq_band, xmms_remote_set_eq, xmms_remote_set_eq_preamp,
and xmms_remote_set_eq_band functions to the API.
- Added incremental match jump to file.
- Added support for HTTP redirects.
- Added Enqueue button to mainwin fileselector.
- Made it possible to set the audio device by hand in OSS output.
- Added support for X11R5 session management.
- DnD now supports Netscape, Motif filemanagers and KDE2 (when it's released)
- The additional huge pile of fixes and minor under the hood improvements.
Check the CVS ChangeLog
for recent changes and information about bugfixes.
Copyright © 1997-2004, 4Front Technologies. 1997-2007 XMMS Team. All rights reserved.